Saturday, October 25, 2014

Ode To Ice Cream...


Ode To Ice Cream... 

There are few words in the English language that invoke the type of emotion as the mention of ice cream does. Just think about it a moment. Have you ever said to someone “let’s get some ice cream, or do you like ice cream” and they responded “no way, or I hate ice cream?” I can answer my own question, no, that would never happen. People sing songs about it; joy is instantly brought to the faces of everyone from kids to the elderly. Children run from their house, and sprint across school yards chasing after the beloved “ice cream man” in hopes of getting their own taste of the sweet creamy goodness. Everyone loves ice cream, even the lactose intolerant, they take their little lactaid pills and they have their ice cream. There is even ice cream wannabes, frozen yogurt is an ice cream impostor if I have ever seen one.  My favorite flavor of ice cream has to be vanilla, I love the simplicity of it, and it’s a good base for when I want to add toppings, or serve it with cake or pie. 

We all scream for ice cream. This treat is from Coldstone Creamery, the flavor is "Birthday Cake" blended with fresh raspberries, and strawberries. 



This is treat is from Coldstone Creamery, the flavor is "Strawberry Cheesecake" blended with fresh blueberries and strawberries.




Here are a couple of pictures of my all time favorite treat, vanilla ice cream served with fresh strawberries. You might notice a theme here, I tell myself if I add fresh fruit then that make it healthier.


 




There won’t be any recipes in this post, I just thought it would be a fun post to do; you can’t be serious all the time. What is your favorite of ice cream? Have you ever tried to make ice cream at home? Comment below, and remember to subscribe for updates. 





xx. Toya 

No comments:

Post a Comment