Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pan Seared Steak with Rosemary Roasted New Potatoes

Pan- Seared Steak with Rosemary Roasted New Potatoes


I love vegetables as much as the next person, I really do but every so often, in fact at least once a month I must indulge in a big ole juicy steak. Its easy enough to go to a local causal dining restaurant to get my steak fix but more then just eating the steak I think its the actual preparation process of the entire steak dinner that actually satisfies my craving. Something about finding the perfect piece of beef then marinating and cooking it to tender juicy perfection makes the meal all the more enjoyable for me... but I'll stop my yammering and get to what you came her for... the food.

Pan- Seared Steak with Rosemary Roasted New Potatoes




Total Cooking Time: 45-50 minutes 
Prep Time: 5- 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40- 45 minutes
Yields: 2 servings 

Ingredients
2 Boneless rib-eye steaks (1 inch thick)
4 Red new potatoes 
2 Tablespoons of rosemary ( fresh or dried)
2 Tablespoons of oil
1 Tablespoon of oregano
1 Tablespoon of paprika 
2-3 Tablespoons of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
Salt
Pepper


Pan Seared Rib-eye Steaks

*Cooking Tip* Make sure after marinating your steaks to pat them dry with a paper towel and allow them to rest out on the counter until they reach room temperature. Allowing your meat to reach room temperature will help the meat cook evenly. 

1.      Preheat your over to 375 Degrees.
2.      Marinate your steaks in the sauce in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3.       Pat rib-eye steaks dry and season with salt and pepper.
4.       In a large heavy skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat until hot but not smoking and brown steaks on both sides for about 2 to 2 ½ minutes, about 5 minutes total for the whole steak.
5.      Transfer your steaks to a baking pan and roast in middle of oven about 12-15 minutes for medium- well. (After 12 minutes check for desired doneness)
6.      Let rest 5 minutes before serving.



Rosemary Roasted New Potatoes 

*Cooking tip* Remove as much water from potatoes as possible before seasoning.
1. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
2. Wash your potatoes, and then chop into bite-sized chunks.
3. Place potatoes on baking sheet. (line sheet with foil for easier cleanup)  
4. Lightly coat potato pieces in oil, then sprinkle with your oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper, then tossed until potatoes are evenly coated. Once the potatoes are evenly coated, placed them into preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees. Roast potatoes until golden brown and fork tender. (At 30 minutes into baking process start checking for desired doneness as cooking times may vary slightly due to the size to the chunks you cut or differences in heating patterns of ovens.)






I chose to add a side of sauteed fresh spinach & garlic with my steak and potatoes, but feel free to add any green vegetable of your choice



Here is another picture of the finish product:

*This the the actual video I used to learn how to "perfectly" cook my steak. It very simple instruction, from a world class chef, you can't go wrong there. I found this video on Youtube,and decided to like it here just for informational purposes. ( I don't own the rights to the video)





The meal was delicious and only cost me a fraction of what it would have cost to pay for a dinner out a restaurant. I was a winner all the way around; I got a good meal, saved money, and I didn't even have to change out of my pajamas to do it. Have you ever prepared a steak dinner at home? What are your favorite sides to accompany your steak? Do you have any tips or tricks as to how to perfectly cook your steak? Comment below.


xx. Toya


No comments:

Post a Comment