Sunday, December 21, 2014

Brunch: Home Edition

Brunch: Home Edition















Brunch: Home Edition


Scroll down any social media timeline on a Saturday or Sunday morning and you will be bombarded with images of plates of delicious Eggs Benedict, Berry Covered French Toast, or Shrimp & Grits. I myself often struggle between wanting to stay in lounging around in my pajamas and wanting to have my own brunch experience. Well I have discovered a way to have my cake and eat it too (Sometime I have cake for breakfast). I call it Brunch: Home Edition, this means I get to have fabulous breakfast, drinking Peach Bellini’s and eating eggs over easy while still enjoying the comforts of my fleece pajamas. Well I’m sure you didn't click the link to hear me go on and on about how baby soft my pajamas are so I’ll get to the reason you came…the food


*This post is a little different for other ones, here I will include pictures of my entire meal, but I will only be posting the directions for how I made my homemade Hash browns.*

Finish product, hash browns plated

Ingredients
4 Red new potatoes (cut into bite sized chucks)  
1 Quarter of a yellow onion (diced)
2 Stalks of green onion (chopped)
Oregano (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

Directions
1.     Wash your potatoes to remove any dirt or debris for the skin.

2.     Chopped your potatoes into bite sized chucks.

3.     Fill a pot with water; add potatoes and salt bring to boil. Boil potatoes until fork tender. Once the potatoes are tender, drain the water out, set aside.



4.     In a pan, add two tablespoons of olive oil, heat the pan until. Add olive oil, and your yellow onions, cook them until soften.
Sauteing my yellow onions. 


5.     Add potatoes to pan with onions, fry potatoes, season with salt, pepper, and oregano, continually stirring until golden brown. Add your green onion cook for 2 – 3 minutes until tender. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Green onions

Green Tea : Breakfast with a message
Season the potatoes






I love having hash browns for breakfast, in fact it would seem that I love to have anything with starch or carbs for breakfast but that’s a whole other post. The first time I made these potatoes for breakfast I loved them I was overjoyed that I had finally perfected the hash brown, yes I was “overjoyed” I’m really easy to please, I celebrate my small victories. They make the perfect accompaniment to a hearty breakfast but they are really simple to prepare. What’s your favorite thing to have for breakfast? Do you venture out one the weekend to Brunch? Have you ever tried to prepare Brunch at home? Comment below.




No comments:

Post a Comment