Thursday, December 18, 2014

Clutch Burger

Clutch Burger 

There is nothing is this world like a good burger. People look at a hamburger and think it’s basic or simple but in my opinion with food it’s the simple dishes that I enjoy the most. The simple dishes are what give the ingredients a chance to shine. I have a friend who just about every restaurant she goes to she orders burgers, and when I was younger I used to joke with her about it but now I just look at her as a connoisseur.  Any-who I’m sure you didn’t click the link to hear me go on and on about why I love burgers, so I’ll get to what you came here for … the food.




Ingredients
1 – 1 ½ Pounds of ground chuck (get the real deal 80/20 not the lean stuff)
1 Egg
1 Packet of Lipton’s Onion Soup Mix (Shh… this is actually a secret of mine)
Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper (to taste)
Worcestershire sauce
Romaine Lettuce (for topping)
Tomatoes (sliced for toppings)
4 Hamburger buns (lightly buttered, then toasted in a pan)

Directions

1.     Pre-heat your pan over medium high heat.

2.     Mix together your ground beef, onion soup packet, egg, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning until thoroughly blended. (I usually fill the packet that the onion soup mix comes in half way with water; I think it helps the burger from drying out. I like a well done burger but I despise a dry burger)

3.     Form your beef mixture into patties.

4.     Once your pan is hot it’s time to fry up your burger. During this stage is where good burgers are made. Don’t move the meat around to too much when you first put it into the pan let it set for a minute or three to get some good caramelization before you flip it. Also and more importantly in my opinion PLEASE DO NOT SMASH OR FLATTEN THE BURGER, smashing or flattening the burger with your spatula can lead to a dry burger. Continue to cook your burger checking for desired doneness. Once it’s done, remove it from the pan and drain on paper towels. (If you are fortunate enough to have a grill by all means use that.)

5.     Build you burger adding any toppings that your heart might desire. Serve immediately.
Finished product, final plating topped with my beloved,  I mean with caramelized onions. YES!
Random picture of one of the new craft burgers  available at Chili's its the Smokehouse Burger. Its topped with cheddar cheese, panko onion rings, lettuce, and tomatoes. Normally it come with apple-smoked bacon I got mine without. The burger comes with your choice of sides I  chose sweet potato fries to fool myself into thinking I was eating healthy, and each burger includes a side of these wonderful house-made pickles. I really enjoyed the burger overall it was well seasoned and perfectly cooked.  * Not my drink, I had water, see healthy*
Random shot of a burger I had at a local restaurant "Louie's" it near LSU's campus. The burger was just your normal ground beef patty, I ordered mine well done. I topped it with mayo, tomatoes, and sprouts ( see healthy). The serving size was really big, the burger itself was really delicious, juicy and flavorful.  The fries were perfectly fried and salted. I also had some of the famous hash browns and they were delicious as well. 

Close up of the onions as they caramelize in the Le' Creuset pan I found at the thrift store while shopping with my wonderfully stylish sister who writes a blog about her adventures in life and fashion  check her out at http://richfunk.wordpress.com/ . Whoop Whoop





I called this burger “Clutch” burger because it comes through every single time. There are a million ways to prepare a burger, endless ingredients and toppings but this is my personal favorite, my old stand -by when I just need a good burger.  Do you have a favorite burger recipe?  Are there any recipes or dishes that you fall back on as a stand-by when you need a dish that you know won’t fail? Comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment