Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Seven Minute Meal: Spinach Tortellini Pasta

Seven Minute Meal: Spinach Tortellini Pasta



Sometimes you just want something good to eat without all the fuss, those are the times when having some pre-cook options come in handy. I made a shopping trip to Trader Joe's to pick up some hair care staples (that Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner), however whenever I go to Trader Joe's I try to make a point to try a different food item. This particular shopping trip I picked up the Trader Joe's pre-packaged Spinach Tortellini pasta in the refrigerated section of the store. The next day I decided to have it for lunch. Well I'm sure you didn't click the like to hear me go on and on about my adventures to Trader Joe's so I'll get on what with you came for the food.

Plated pasta served with brown butter, dried herbs, and garlic, garnished with fresh parsley.



Ingredients

1 Half of a package of Trader Joe's Spinach Tortellini Pasta ( I used half a package because was just cooking for myself but feel free to use whole package, I believe it contains two servings.)

 * Note* If you are unfortunate enough to live in a city that doesn't have a Trader Joe's yet you should probably relocate immediately... just kidding (not kidding) No seriously if there isn't a Trader Joe's in your area you might try substituting the brand of pasta with Brallia pasta or what ever your favorite fresh pasta is.

2 Tablespoons of butter

2 Clove of garlic (diced)

Dried Basil and Oregano (to taste)

Salt & Pepper (to taste)

Fresh parsley ( to garnish)

Directions

1 Prepare your pasta according to package directions. Set aside

2.In a pan add butter, garlic and herbs, cook for about two minutes until garlic has soften. Add pasta to pan, coat pasta in the butter garlic sauce and cook until heated thoroughly.

3. Plate pasta garnish with fresh parsley. (feel free to top with some Parmesan unfortunately for me I didn't have any on hand.


Another shot of final plating, simple but delicious

I would have to say pasta looks best in natural light.



I have to admit it took me longer to type this post then it did to prepare this dish which is just fine with me. What are some of your favorite quick fix meals? Comment below. 














No comments:

Post a Comment